1. Who is the only Mexican-American actor to win two Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor.
2. The following words: ahuacatl, tocayotl, chilli, and tahtli are all examples of what ancient Mexican language?
3. Playwright __________________ is considered to be the father of Chicano Theater.
4. According to the article “El Movimiento Chicano: The Art of Revolution,” In 1969, Luis Valdez made an 18 minute film version of what epic poem?
5. What Chicano theater professor and critic interviewed Luis Valdez in Necessary Theater?
6. What was the first and only Chicano play to be produced on Broadway?
7. In the article “Hollywood Blind About Diversity,” which columnist/writer sarcastically suggests that there should be quotas for Oscar nominations so as to make it fair for minorities? A)Anderson Cooper B)Richard Corliss C)Ruben Navarrete
8. According to Jorge Huerta states in the reading “Chicano Drama Performance, Society and Myth” he states that Luis Valdez
worked with what theater company before establishing El Teatro Campesino?
9. True or False: The word pocho has the same meaning as Mexican-American.
10. Poet Alurista wrote the preamble _______________, during the Chicano Movement and it is often called a poem.
11. True or False: Actos are three act plays that revolve around Chicana issues.
12. The one man show, Gaytino!, was written and performed by ________________.
13. What is the name of the movie made in 1956 that starred Elizabeth Taylor and Rock Hudson that depicted the discrimination
against Mexicans in Texas? _________________
14. Mexican silent film actor ________________ starred in the original versio of the movie Ben-Hur.
15. What was the name of the teleplay that had a lead character by the name of Ms. Jimenez? ____________________.
16. Carpa theater is a form of entertainment that originated in what country? A)U.S B)Guatemala C)Mexico D)Argentina
17. The Nahuatl word xochicuicatl, which means flower and song, is a metaphor for the _________________.
18. The word Chicano simply means an ___________________ descent.
19. What Chicano activist turned filmmaker produce the movie Selena? ___________________.
20. The Chicano Renaissance refers to the flourishing of Chicano artistic expression that began what decade) A)1960’s
B) 1970s C)1940s
21. Actress/playwright Josefina Lopez wrote the play ___________________ that in 2002, was made into the movie Real Women Have Curves.
22. El Teatro Campesino was founded in what year? ____________________
23. What “acto” from the teleplay Corridos: Tales of Passion and Revolution, shown in class, deals with the theme of incest?
24. The character ___________________ created by the Fritolay Corporation in 1967′ depicted the stereotype of a Mexican as “unshaven, sneaky and leering” and started the Chicano media reform.
25. According to Chon Noriega’s article “History of Chicano Cinema’s Rise Told For [the] First Time….” States that the filmed versions of ___________________ by Luis Valdez and ___________________ by Sylvia Morales opened and closed the first decade of Chicano cinema.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more