Choose an international terrorist group from the following list, and use the Internet or Strayer databases to research the origin, purpose, and effects on the U.S. or targeted countries:
• Al Qaeda (AQ)
• Haqqani Network (HQN)
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Provide a brief description of the group, and summarize its origins.
2. Explain the group’s major motivation(s) (beliefs or causes), and / or its justification for engaging in terrorism.
3. Describe the group’s major sources of both financial and non-financial support.
4. Evaluate the importance of the group’s use of media to aid in its terrorist activities. Indicate, at a minimum, the group’s purpose for using the media, the image being portrayed, and the preferred methods of communication.
5. Determine whether or not the group has a legitimate complaint or demand. Defend your response.
6. Determine whether or not the group and its activities are of importance to the U.S., and explain the key reasons that they are or are not significant.
7. Analyze the response of the U.S. to the group or its activities, regardless of whether or not either the group or its activities directly threaten or target the U.S. Determine whether or not that response has been effective. Support your answer with examples of such effectiveness—or the lack thereof.
8. Suggest the major changes you would make geared toward increasing the efficiency of the U.S.’s response to the group. Justify your response.
9. Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Interpret the operational functioning of terrorist groups.
• Describe the history and development of the major terrorist groups in the world.
• Analyze current terrorist threats and the role of terrorist networks.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in Terrorism and Antiterrorism.
• Write clearly and concisely about terrorism and antiterrorism using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more