Must be in APA format: Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spaced.
Can not use Wikipedia for this assignment, must be a creditable source
Answer to Task # 1 needs to come from:
Peak, K. J. (2012). Policing America: Challenges and best practices (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall. Chapters 5 and 6.
Must include citations
PART I: SHORT RESPONSE
Task #1: Please answer each of the following questions. Ensure that your responses are at least 1-2 paragraphs in length for each question. You may include examples from the text; however, please include APA citations as necessary. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for a concise guide on APA format.
1. Describe the major research findings concerning the investigative function, especially as they relate to the role of detectives.
2. Explain the recent major developments in forensic science.
3. Briefly explain what steps must be taken by the initial responding officer at a crime scene.
4. Describe, in lay terms, how DNA analysis functions and its contribution to criminal investigation.
5. Explain the benefits of PCR-STR DNA and how CODIS operates to benefit the police.
6. Explain the functions, advantages, and disadvantages of undercover work.
7. Describe the problems that are now being taken very seriously with respect to forensic laboratories.
8. Describe how police investigators approach “cold” cases.
9. Explain how the Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory (RCFL) program assists with criminal investigations
10. Describe the potential contributions of the polygraph, psychics, and hypnosis to criminal investigations.
11. Explain the importance of forensic entomology and its benefits to death investigations.
12. Describe the steps that need to be taken for evidence collection in stalking crimes.
13. Explain how dogs are assisting police in the investigative function.
14. Name the ways in which social networking sites are becoming the most dangerous places on the Internet.
Task #2: Research the Internet to identify and define two additional modern technologies not presented in the lesson.
PART II: JOURNAL ACTIVITY
Find a new article using LIRN (please visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to use LIRN effectively) or the Internet documenting a case where forensic science played a significant part in the case. Write a 200-400 word report (1-2 pages, 12-point font, double spaced) summarizing the case and the role forensic science played. Be sure to reference the article in your submission.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more