Econ 301 Discussion Week 1 :
Based on the two articles, The Payoff from Globalization and Policy and the Doha Round: 1) Write the title of each article and below it write its summary and your critique (between 250-300 words). **Articles attached below (2 articles)
Article 1 – http://www.iie.com/publications/opeds/print.cfm?ResearchId=524&doc=pub
Article 2 – http://www.piie.com/publications/opeds/print.cfm?ResearchId=1832&doc=pub
Finc 340 Discussion Week 1 :
b) From Chapter 1,2 and 3 ( Fundamnetals of Investing) (weight of 2 out of 4 assigned for Discussion 1) Please make a note that the initial post to the topic is due by 8/21/14 and at least two quality replies to your peers/instructor by 8/24/14 (15 points)
1. In your opinion, what is investment process and the Economic importance of Investing. Compare and contrast major types of investment policies?
2. What alternatives to investment process would you have in the light of the principal types of investments process? What type of investor do you think you are or you would be? Would you rather invest in short term investments? Give examples
3– Do you think you understand the basic types of securities markets? What are those and how helpful they are in understanding the investment business? Give examples in the light of the concepts covered in chapter 2?
4- How do you understand the term ‘online investing’? Describe the internet as a big power of online investment with the help of an example.
c) From chapter 1 “Four Phases of Life Cycle” (Investments:An Introduction (weight of 1 out of 4 assigned for Discussion 1) Please make a note that the initial post to the topic is due by 8/21/14 and at least two quality replies to your peers/instructor by 8/24/14 (10 points)
Ethical Investing and Most important things learned. Let’s answer the following questions:
1- “Ethical investing” refers to the practice of investing in companies that you consider to be ethical in their operations. For example, you would invest in a company that is involved in producing clean energy, but you would not invest in a tobacco company. What do you think about ethical investing in this manner? What do you know about the relative advantages and disadvantages of this approach to investing?
2- What are the most important things that you learned from the study of this week’s readings and assignments?
1. Investment Policy Statement – You developed (this week) an investment policy statement for the portfolio of investments that you will manage during this class. Present the investment policy statement to the class and discuss the thinking and other considerations that you used in its development? Make sure that you adequately review and explain the quantitative goals and indicators that you have developed for risk and return objectives.
2. Ethical Investing – “Ethical investing” refers to the practice of investing in companies that you consider to be ethical in operations. For example, you would invest in a company that is involved in producing clean energy, but you would not invest in a tobacco company. What do you think about investing in this manner? What do you know about the relative advantages and disadvantages of this approach to investing?
3. Most Important Things Learned – What are the most important things you learned from the study of this week’s readings and assignments?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more