Students will write an essay on an a potential ethical dilemma for a speech language pathologist or audiologist. Students will study the ASHA Code of Ethics and consider this code in identifying a potential ethical dilemma. Then students will further explore this dilemma in the paper. This assignment is a “spin-off” of ASHA’s Essay Contest. STUDENTS DO NOT HAVE TO SUBMIT THE ESSAY TO THE ASHA CONTEST, but each student is required to submit the essay for the course final assignment.
In this essay, the student should:
1) Identify a potential ethical challenge or dilemma for an SLP or AuD.
2) Identify which principle in the ASHA Code of Ethics that may be violated.
3) Provide a rationale for the student’s choice.
4) Identify how the violation may have been prevented or avoided.
The format of the essay should include:
1) No title page.
2)Title of Essay at top of first page centered on first line of page in bold size 12 Font.
2) Student first and last name in header right justified.
3) Page number in right justified.
4) Body of paper in 12 point times new roman or calibri body font.
5) Body of Paper double spaced.
6) 1000-1200 words
7) Should have an introduction paragraph and conclusion paragraphs(s).
8) No in text citations, but any direct quotes should be in parenthesis.
9) Direct quotes should be no more than 15 percent of your essay.
10) Any references should be provided at the end of the essay as endnotes in a section called “References” in APA formant.
A Rubric 486 Ethics Essay.doc is provided to help the student understand how the essay will be graded.
The instructor has aligned the assignment with ASHA’s requirements for participating in the essay contest. If a student does wish to submit his or her essay to ASHA, please review ASHA’s written requirements to ensure that you have met all of the ASHA requirements and for instructions on how to submit the essay, including the due date, which is BEFORE the due date for this assignment for this class. Also, please be advised that ASHA requires that you notify the department head PRIOR to submitting the essay for the contest.
For the ASHA contest, the topic must be about “Cultural Competence in Service Provision: Ethical Considerations, so the class essay should be the same topic, unless the student wants to write two essays. If the student does not wish to submit the essay for the contest, then the topic can be about any topic regarding ethics. However, be careful not to present some of the same challenges or dilemmas provided in prior winning essays, as would not be considered original work. PLEASE SUBMIT ORIGINAL WORK!!! Failure to submit original work will result in the student receiving a 0 on this assignment.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more