Within your analyses on the first – Data-driven decision-making aka data analytics –
and third – your choice of one from among
• Decision support systems
• Outsourcing to include offshoring, reshoring, and nextshoring
• Sustainable supply chain management techniques, please address the following:
• What is the general purpose of the technique?
• How does or should this help operations in general?
• What are the limitations of the technique?
• What are the costs involved? What training is needed to use the technique? What else is needed?
• At Acme Mexico City, what is the problem, opportunity, or challenge that this technique can address?
• How will the technique help Acme Mexico City’s operations? Why?
• What would be the areas that present challenges in the approach (e.g., cost, personnel, training, culture, technology, management commitment, etc.?)
Within your analysis on linear programming applied at Acme Mexico City, address the following:
• What is your recommended low-cost (not necessarily the minimum cost) customer service employee daily assignment schedule?
• What are your underlying assumptions and any qualitative factors that you believe are involved?
• How might non-typical days affect the schedule?
Optionally, and for extra points to be determined by your section professor, provide a sensitivity analysis that shows how relaxation of the 50% constraint on the hours worked by part-time customer service employees might affect the daily personnel costs.
The following information is provided for your use in this linear programming analysis:
To the extent permitted by local law, each Acme Home Improvements store, including Acme Mexico City, is open from 7 am – 11 pm every day.
Acme Mexico City advance planners in North Carolina have provided the following table, which identifies the minimum number of customer service employees estimated to be needed on the floor of the store each hour of a typical work day:
Customer Service Employees
Time Period Minimum number needed on the floor
7 am – 8 am 10
8 am – 9 am 12
9 am – 10 am 18
10 am – 11 am 22
11 am – 12 pm 22
12 pm – 1 pm 26
1 pm – 2 pm 26
2 pm – 3 pm 26
3 pm – 4 pm 26
4 pm – 5 pm 26
5 pm – 6 pm 28
6 pm – 7 pm 28
7 pm – 8 pm 24
8 pm – 9 pm 22
9 pm – 10 pm 14
10 pm – 11 pm 12
In the interest of cost control, the planners have also imposed a not-to-exceed maximum of 30 customer service employees on the floor at any time.
Full-time customer service employees at AMC work a 9 hour shift (8 hours of work plus a 1 hour meal break) either from 7 am to 4 pm or from 2 pm to 11 pm. Workers on the 7-4 shift are assigned an hour-long lunch break at either 11 am or 12 noon. Workers on the 2-11 shift are assigned an hour-long dinner break at either 5 pm or 6 pm.
Part-time customer service employees work four consecutive hours per day and their shifts can start any hour between 7 am and 7 pm. They receive no meal breaks.
By company policy, which is consistent with Mexican labor law, the company limits the hours worked by part-time customer service employees to 50% of the day’s total scheduled hours.
Part-time customer service employees earn $500 per day, and full-time customer service employees earn $1100 per day in salary and benefits (here, $ = Moneda Nacional, i.e., the Mexican peso).
Acme operations analysts working in North Carolina, working with the AMC advance planners, have used linear programming to propose in accordance with the foregoing factors, an employee assignment schedule for a typical day. Their proposed schedule is the following item in Course Content. You may elect to recommend this schedule or to recommend one that is different.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more