LAB 4, Micsroscope
complete the following questions, save with your name and attach to the drop box for
Read over the parts of the microscope and answer the following questions:
1. What do you call the lens you look through on the microscope?
2. What is the difference between the ocular lens and the objective lens?
3. Where do you place the slide on the microscope?
4. Which adjustment, course or fine, do you use when you are observing the highest power?
5. What would the total magnification be if you are looking through the ocular and using each of the following objectives.
Ocular Objective Total Magnification
Experiment 1, Virtual Magnification Procedure, How Big Is It? After completion answer the following questions:
1. At what magnification do you first notice the ragweed pollen?
2. Which is bigger, a rhinovirus or E. Coli?
3. Based on the magnification, how many of the E. Coli can fit into the same space as the head of a pin?
4. About how many red blood cells could fit across the diameter of a human hair (again, look at the magnification scale)?
Experiment 2, Virtual Microscope Procedure. After completion answer the following questions:
1. What is the first step normally taken when you look through the ocular lenses?
2. What is the highest objective lens you can use to see the entire letter e?
3. The nuclei (the structure inside a cell that contains DNA) of the cheek cells have been stained using a special dye so that they appear purple. What shape are they?
4. At high magnification, you may notice that not all of the nuclei in the onion root tip slide appear as the shape you described in the question above. What do they look like?
5. After completing the m1 exercise in the “Try this” section, how tall is the letter e?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more