LAW/531 Week 1 Quiz
1) Which of the following is true regarding mediation?
2) What is the effect of having a corporation as the general partner of a limited partnership?
3) The Black Squirrel limited partnership has been in operation for many years, but has recently fallen on hard times. The partners have decided to dissolve, although there are few assets remaining in the partnership. Shortly after the partnership filed its certificate of limited partnership, the partners had the foresight to incorporate into their partnership agreement a provision that, in the event of dissolution, the assets would be distributed in payment of claims first to limited partners, then to general partners, then to creditors. Hilda is a limited partner and feels relieved that she will receive at least a portion of her capital. Henry, one of the general partners, said that this provision is void and unenforceable. Which of the following best describes this situation?
4) Which of the following is true in the creation of a general partnership?
5) Martha started a flower shop as a sole proprietor. After 1 year, she was forced to close the shop because business was so bad. At that time, the business assets totaled $50,000, but the business liabilities totaled $125,000. Which of the following statements is true?
6) Which form of alternative dispute resolution occurs when the parties choose an impartial third party to hear and decide their dispute?
7) Which of the following is true of The Federal Arbitration Act?
8) Fred and Ginger are general partners in a business. They decide to purchase a building for the partnership. Ginger will put up the money for the building, and Fred will complete the remodeling. While inspecting the building, Fred is informed that the building is packed full of asbestos. He fails to tell Ginger of the presence of the substance. They buy the building and go into business. During the remodeling of the building, people from the neighborhood begin complaining about the dust from the building. Some of them even threaten to sue. Who is liable?
9) George has served Mary with a complaint alleging breach of contract. Mary has never been sued before and as such, she seeks your advice on what to do with the complaint. You advise that she
10) There are two general partners, each of whom contributes $5,000 in capital to a limited partnership. There are two limited partners, each of whom contributes $20,000. The total amount of capital contributed is $50,000. The limited partnership agreement does not stipulate how profits and losses are to be allocated. Assume that the limited partnership makes $300,000 in profits. Under the Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act (RULPA), how much would each partner receive?
11) Which type of business formation is typically reserved for professionals such as accountants, lawyers, and doctors?
12) Which of the following is one of the major purposes of a settlement conference?
13) When parties agree in advance to adhere to an arbitrator’s decision and award, it is known as
14) Which of the following is true about the choice of business entity for an entrepreneur?
15) Which of the following is true of a corporation?
16) Which of the following is true of arbitration?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more