LAW 531 Week 3 Quiz
1. Apart from recovering damages, and recovering profits made by the offender, successful plaintiffs in a misappropriation of a trade secret case can also
2. Which of the following is true about the public use doctrine?
3. Parties enter into a contract for services and one party commits a breach. The party who breached wants to continue with the contract but wants the terms revised. What is his best method of dispute resolution?
4. Which of the following examples is a unilateral contract?
5. Jenson and Johnson enter into a contract that involves Johnson paying Jenson $1,000 for shoveling the snow from his driveway throughout the winter. Jenson, who was paid before work commenced, breached the contract on the very first day. He should refund $1,000 to Johnson as
6. Wildboards Company introduces a product called a “Rollerboard” for which it is granted a registered trademark. The Rollerboard is a snowboard with a removable row of wheels along the center of the underside. With the wheels attached, the user can attain extremely high speed in hard-packed snow conditions. In addition, many users have found that they can use their snowboards on streets with the wheels attached. This new use of snowboards becomes very popular and many competing snowboard makers introduce similar products. The sport becomes known generally as rollerboarding and most people refer to all such wheeled snowboards as rollerboards. What is the consequence of this scenario?
7. Which of the following types of real property rights can be sold separately from the land?
8. Which of the following is true when someone mistakenly makes an improvement to the personal property of another?
9. Oral agreements may be legally enforceable contracts with the exception of some types of contracts specified in which law?
10. Contracts are discussed primarily in Sections 2 and 2A of the Uniform Commercial Code pertaining to which of the following transactions?
11. Under Section 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), a contract for the sale of goods must be written if that contract is for what monetary value?
12. What federal statute governs the legal use of electronic contracts?
13. To create an enforceable contract, which of the following are needed?
14. What is the highest type of ownership estate in real property?
15. Which of the following examples is a bilateral contract?
16. In order for a response to be considered a legal acceptance to an offer, and not a counter offer, what rule must apply?
17. A(n) ________ is an agreement that is stated orally or in written words.
18. Which of the following is the best definition for the legal term promissory estoppels?
19. Consideration, which is required in a contract, consists of which two elements?
20. Both the Statute of Frauds and the Uniform Commercial Code require a valid, enforceable contract to be signed by whom?
21. An individual who finds the personal property of another, acquires legal title to that property against the entire world, only if it is what type of personal property?
22. Which of the following is an equitable doctrine designed to prevent unjust enrichment and unjust detriment where no actual contract exists?
23. If a contract ends in a dispute, and the parties want to have the matter resolved without going to court, which is the most common method for them to pursue?
24. Some trees were cut down and made into lumber, and the lumber was used to build a house. What type of property were the trees while they were growing, when they were lumber, and when they became part of the house, respectively?
25. Which of the two parties are involved in every contract?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more