D. D. is a 66 year-old female suffering from shortness of breath. She smoked 2 packs a day until she quit 2 years ago. She has a history of bronchiolitis, hyperinflated lungs, pulmonary edema, and syncope. Her primary care practitioner suspects she also has pulmonary hypertension (PH). After examination, D. D. has a PAP of 35mmHg and mild CHF.
Citing scholarly resources, answer the following questions:
1. What is pulmonary hypertension and how could D. D. have developed PH?
2. How does her history fit in with her new diagnosis?
In addition to the two questions above, select ONE other question from the list below to complete your discussion post. Be sure to cite the sources of your information. Be sure to clearly identify which supplemental question you chose to answer.
1. How many patients are suffering from COPD in the US? Do COPD sufferers die of respiratory causes or other causes? (be sure to cite the data)
2. What are the two separate diseases that are the main COPD diseases? Give background on each disease.
3. How does COPD correlate with left ventricular pressure and primary heart failure?
4. What are the three types of bronchodilators, and how do they function to alleviate the symptoms of COPD? What are other possible treatments
5. Through what mechanism does bronchiolitis cause destruction of alveoli? Is emphysema genetic? Can environmental factors increase the risk
of emphysema, why or why not?
6. Is lung transplantation a solution for emphysema? Can new technology be useful in the treatment of emphysema? Why or why not?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more