The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
Directions: Answer the following questions from the text. Make sure to give textual evidence when answering and write answers in complete sentences.
2. What does Franklin mean when he describes himself as having a “bookish inclination” on page 227?
3.What did Franklin’s father want him to do to earn a living? How would Franklin accomplish this? Was Franklin agreeable?
4. What made Franklin abandon writing poetry and how does he feel about that decision?
5, What “very bad habit” did Franklin develop with John Collins?
6. Did Franklin always believe in the side/position for which he argued?
7. What observations by Franklin’s father about his writing made him want to work to improve his writing skills? How did he accomplish this?
8. What did it mean for Franklin to “board” himself, and why did he wish to do this?
9. Based on his reactions to failure, what type of person was Franklin?
10. Based on Franklin’s readings and studies, what conclusions did he come to about the best ways to influence people?
11. Why does Franklin choose to leave Boston and where does he go?
12. What happens to Franklin’s and John Collins’ friendship?
13. Franklin and Ralph concocting a plan to do what? Why?
14. How does Franklin’s purpose change in Part Two?
15. Which virtue does Franklin struggle with the most? Why?
16. Which virtue does a friend of Franklin accuse him of lacking? Why? Do you find this to be true of Franklin?
17. Why does Franklin avoid including religion in his plan to improve himself?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more